Drumroll please...

I've been wanting to update my blog for a looooong time now (new look, new features, etc). The biggest problem though is I'm not very proficient with HTML, and I wasn't sure how much I'd like dealing with an entirely new Wordpress theme.

Well, it turns out that Blogger isn't THAT bad!

Thanks to the great internet, I was able to figure out how to change the image header on my blog (yes, that is my finger in chocolate sauce), play around with the HMTL code to get wider margins (I wanted to be able to include larger pictures in my blog), apply a new background (it took wayyyyyy too long before I found one I was somewhat happy with), place images next to each other (yes, you need a code for this...) and add a lightbox feature!

What's a lightbox feature?!? It's just about the coolest thing EVER and it will blow your mind. Let me demonstrate.

Here we have a few pictures of a baby-shower cake I made last year.






But they're kinda small. So go ahead and click on any of the pictures for a nice little slideshow so you can see the cake and all its awesome details.

HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!? (Tip: click anywhere on the page to get rid of the zoomed image.)

I can also do crazy shit like this:

Click for a picture I took in Puerto Rico. Yes, that's a fire ant. And yes, I got over 35 fire ant bites on my feet taking this damn picture. Beauty=pain!

You have no idea how happy I am right now...

Jackie

Comments

  1. Dang Jackie!! It's brilliant. Loves it. Straight into my reader.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts