Sun-dried tomato and basil pasta

Today's post is gonna be short and sweet, much like making this recipe!

Luckily for me though I didn't even have to make it. My friend Jeanne made it when she visited me a few weeks ago (can't believe how time is flying by...).  It's been a looooong time since someone has cooked for me, and I have to say that I kinda like it. :)

When Jeanne suggested this basil dish I wasn't 100% sure I'd love it.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely like basil.  But I don't love it as much as some people do.

And pesto- meh- pesto is OK.  Although I think the stinky little pine nuts are to blame for my mediocre appreciation for pesto. (It's weird, but they have a really funny and not-so-appealing aftertaste for me...)

Anyways, I'm glad to say I was 100% wrong. This dish was fantastic. And one of the most ridiculously easy dinners to throw together ever.  Fast and easy... sounds like every man's dream come true. ;)


Recipe is basically this:


Get sun-dried tomatoes.
Get basil.
Puree sun dried tomatoes and basil in food processor and toss over cooked pasta.
Throw in some extra basil for fun.
Stuff your face silly.

Yes, stuff your face silly is actually in MY version of the recipe. I highly recommend it in yours as well.


Soooooo simple and sooooooo gooooood.

Buen Provecho,
Jackie

Pasta with sun-dried tomato and basil pesto, from Giada on the Food Network

Ingredients

12 ounces pasta
1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
2 garlic cloves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Directions

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts