Basket Cake

Today was a good day.

For the first time in years I was back in Chicago for Easter, spending time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We didn't do anything particularly special, but we had a great time hunting for eggs...

hanging out...

eating...
drinking....

... and battling eggs in our traditional head-to-head cracking eggs competition.

Oh, and I made a cake. An Easter basketweave cake, complete with pastel "eggs". 

You like??

I'll provide a bit of a tutorial and recipe in the next few days, but I just wanted to share some more pictures of the cake with you today.

Enjoy!

Top view

The mini "eggs" on a bed of "grass"

Close-up of the basketweave detail

A picture to give you a sense of scale. 
It was pretty much a perfect, life sized basket!

I also found out today that someone is interested in having me make an engagement party cake. Apparently my masquerade cake made a pretty awesome impression on people! Yea!!

Yours in delightfully delicious and dazzling desserts,
Jacqueline

Comments

Popular Posts