Treasure hunt pirate cake

Hello there cake. It's Jackie. You and I have had quite a passionate few months together haven't we?! Between birthdays and weddings and more birthdays you've been keeping me quite busy. Most recently we spent some time together on this Pirate Treasure Chest/ Treasure Hunt Cake. We make some gorgeous babies together, if I do say so myself.


Man, we've had lots of amazing memories together over the years. In fact, almost 40 blog posts are devoted purely to you and your decorations! But like all relationships, we've also had our downs. Slaving away at a hot stove and staying up until the wee hours of the morning hasn't always been a pleasurable experience for me, but once I put those finishing touches on you it makes all that stressful time and swearing just melt away.




You know, people might say its the big stuff that strengthens a relationship. But for me, I think it's the little things that bring me the most pleasure. Like in our most recent experience together: the crushed graham crackers simulating sand, the overflowing gold and silver chocolate booty, the treasure map, the chocolate rocks, and the light as it glistened off the candy jewels. 



It's the little things that make it all come together and makes me love you as much as I do.



And when I step back I can be proud of the relationship you and I have had, no matter how tumultuous it is at times. But I think we've been spending a bit too much time together recently, and I've been neglecting my other love: cooking. 


So I'm going to have to let you go, at least for the time being. 

Cake, I will always love baking, decorating, sharing, and eating you. But right now I'm going to have to take a break from you, and you're going to have to let me live and enjoy what's left of this amazing Chicago summer. 



Trust me when I say it's me, and not you. You're delicious. And gorgeous. And you bring such joy to so many people. But it's becoming overwhelming for me and I just need a bit of space right now. In time I know I'll find my way back to you, and I genuinely look forward to recreating that early passion we had together. 

Until the next time we meet cake, until the next time...

Love,
Jacqueline

Comments

Popular Posts