Cucumber cooler

Alrighty folks. I'm continuing my "fall-cleaning" spree and attempting to put a little bit of a dent in all these old blog posts I have accumulating on my computer. My goal is to try to blog at least every other day until I can knock them all out. I've been behind on this blog all year and I just really want to get all these recipes cataloged and recorded on digital paper.

This also means a lot of these posts will be succinct. Low on words, high on photos and recipes!


This cucumber cooler is one of the most perfect summer drinks I've ever made. I've been on a smoothie kick these days (post to come soon) but this cucumber drink is completely different. It's light and uber refreshing, crisp, and clean.


The personification of summer. In a drink.

Make it with or without alcohol. I suggest trying both. We actually preferred it without any liquor (shocking!), but depending on how much of a lush you are you may prefer it with some EtOH. Gin or vodka (plain or cucumber flavored) would probably be best.


Go ahead and serve it in a fancy glass either way. You deserve it!

Yours in savoring summertime through her tastebuds,
Jacqueline

Cucumber Cooler, from Shutterbean
Note: Not all the chunky ingredients fit in my blender right away. If you have the same issue, blend the cucumber + water first, then add the ice and blend. It'll be the perfect amount for a normal sized blender.

Makes 3-4 martini sized drinks, 2-3 jumbo sized ones

Ingredients
1 cucumber (about 10 oz.), partially peeled (and de-seeded if you like)
1/2 cup cold water
3 cups ice cubes
1/4 to 1/3 cup honey or agave syrup
juice of 1/2 lime (or more to taste!)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
gin or vodka, optional

Directions
1. Put the cucumber, water, ice, agave syrup, lime juice and salt into a blender and puree until smooth. If making in advance keep in fridge. Just make sure to stir the drink before serving as contents tend to separate a bit.

2. Pour into cups and add the alcohol if you like. Add more lime to taste.

Comments

Popular Posts