Life Adventure

Well folks, as you know this has been quite a long blog hiatus for me these past 2 1/2 months. I wish I had a great story for why that was, but sadly it can be mostly boiled down to one word: work.

Not that I didn't have ANY time at all for life, but what free time I had I wanted to either (1) get out and explore or (2) be a giant bum and veg out. And although I was cooking a bit here and there, it wasn't a regular activity (and then mustering the energy for a blog post was entirely too much work). But I'm looking forward to the New Year where I can get back into the swing of things and start cataloging all the deliciousness coming out of my kitchen.

You may ask yourself "Jackie, it's only December 16, why are you skipping to the New Year already?" Well, it's because for the next 2 1/2 weeks the boy and I will be gallivanting across Australia!

I don't think there are enough exclamation marks for that statement, so I'll limit myself to just one: !

Planning this trip further contributed to my lack of blogging time, but I'm happy to say our journey can finally begin... as long as we don't have any Chicago-related delays. I'm not excited about the almost 22 hours of flight time (4.5 hours to LA, then 17 hours straight to Melbourne), but once we're there I think reality will really sink in. I haven't traveled outside of the US since I was 16 (not counting trips to see family in Canada), so this trip will be quite the adventure in more than 1 way.

So while there won't be any food-blog related posts these next few weeks, I may pop in once in a while and post something from my phone. Or feel free to follow me on Instagram if you're interested in seeing more from our trips to Melbourne, Port Douglas, Cairns, Cape Tribulation, and Sydney:  http://instagram.com/chicagojacks They'll be part artsy, part journal-esque, and part foodie... but 100% Jackie.


Yours in looking forward to leaving behind the cold and starting a much needed vacation into summertime,
Jacqueline

Comments

Popular Posts