Kentucky Derby Party: Menu

If you've wanted a sign to host a Kentucky Derby part, here it is!!!

Last year I put together a party for my cousins and aunts in Chicago and I have to admit, it was a blast. It's rare to get the ladies of my family together, so it was a fun way to have some time away from the men and little ones. Plus it was my first time hosting them at my condo... even though I moved here back in May 2017!

In true Jacqueline fashion I went a *little* extra for the party and decided to make everything from scratch... and Kentucky themed. Clearly I love to cook and bake but we don't have people over enough, so it was a fun opportunity for me to go all out and make a ton of dishes.

While I did end up doing some food prep during the party (I wanted the sliders to be eaten warm), everything else was prepared in advance—either in the days leading up to the party or the morning of. So that way I was also able to enjoy the party myself instead of cooking the whole time.

I also made cocktails to order, including my signature cocktails for the night. The tweens loved making mocktails as well with the juices, mint, basil, and sparkling water!

Click here for a downloadable PowerPoint with my cocktail menu and food labels.


Kentucky Derby Party Menu

Below is the menu for the day, all meant to be eaten buffet style. I've included links to each recipe, with notes on how they can be prepared in advance (and made gluten free, since I had a few folks that avoid gluten). 

Preparing for the Saturday party

Thursday

  1. Make meatballs 
  2. Make meatball sauce
  3. Make banana pudding (can make this up to 2 days before)

Friday

  1. Cook bacon for sliders 
  2. Prepare Benedictine dip
  3. Hard boil eggs (store filling in piping bag and egg whites in an container)
  4. Make simple syrup and juice citrus for your cocktails
  5. Clean all your glassware
Saturday morning/afternoon
  1. Prep veggies for Benedictine dip
  2. Mix together corn pudding (bake once folks have arrived)
  3. Assemble deviled eggs
  4. Get meatballs + sauce into the slow cooker
  5. Make cheese sauce for the hot brown sliders
After folks have arrived
  1. Set out the following: Benedictine dip + veggies; deviled eggs
  2. Bake corn pudding
  3. Assemble and bake sliders 

Comments

Popular Posts