Daring bakers challenge...in a few days

Hellooooo there internet world!! I know I haven't posted in forever, and it's not for lack of cooking/baking projects. I've currently got a slew of pictures and recipes just waiting to be posted, but life has been insane these past few weeks.

As you guys may know, I've been participating in the Daring Bakers. As part of the online group we're given a baking challenge on the first of the month and everyone posts their creation on the 27th. Well, today is the 27th but this month I'll be posting a few days late. I've actually prepped all the components for the dessert but I literally don't have the time to assemble them and put them together and give them a proper write up. Why is that?? Well, because I've been working on a WEDDING CAKE all week!

Yup, I've spent ~10 hours over the past two days (after getting home from work) on this cake. And that was just the prep work (i.e. baking and frosting); I haven't even started the decorating yet! I figure tonight will be another 4+ hour evening as I cover the tiers in fondant and make the decorations. Tomorrow is the big day and I'm super excited to see how everything turns out.

So I just wanted to write to let everyone know that (1) I am still alive, (2) I've got lots and lots of posts that'll be coming up in the next few weeks and (3) I'll be posting my Daring Bakers challenge (and the wedding cake) in a few short days.

And because I hate posts with no pictures, I'll leave you with a photo I found of a cake from the Martha Stewart website. I don't have an occasion to make this cake but I absolutely LOVE it and I think it would be an awesome cake to recreate someday. 

Not my creation: from Martha Stewart dot com

Comments

  1. That cake is gorgeous.

    What do you suppose the decoration made out of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so perfect I'm thinking they're fondant. I have one of those circle cutter sets so I figure if you use two circles that are next to each other in the set you can make these rings. (Hope that makes sense.) Either that or royal icing? But they look a little too "flat" and a little too perfect to be royal icing. I just love looking at it though. It makes me oh so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts