Photo a Day Challenge- Part 1

At the beginning of the month I told you about a photo a day challenge I was participating in during the month of December. Although I haven't stuck to it 100%, it's been exactly what I've wanted it to be:
A way to document my days. A way to play around with different camera settings on the phone. A way to think outside of the box. A way to think about what a certain theme means to me, and how to portray that in a single snapshot. And ultimately, a way to always look for the beauty around me. 
For example, one of my favorite photos so far came from the Day 4 challenge. I'd been at work all day, then went to the gym in the evening- but I still hadn't taken my black/white photo. So during my walk home, when I'd normally be looking straight ahead and on a mission to get back home as fast as I can, I slowed down. I walked. I looked around me. I stopped and examined how the light hit white stairs, creating interesting architectural shadows. Then I looked at the trees, and saw how the street lights created interesting shadows. And while passing a house I walk by at least once a week-- I saw something different for the first time... and snapped one of my favorite photos.


THAT is exactly what I was looking for when taking on this challenge. So I don't care if I miss a day, or if I post a few days late, or if I combine 2 themes into one photo. It's ultimately my personal challenge, and as long as I'm happy with the outcome, well, that's all that matters.

Day 1 Theme: 8 o'clock
                   
                        Grant writing and dinner

Day 2 Theme: Peace
                    
                        Alex Clare Concert. (Insane work projects were done, grant was
                                                         submitted, and I could finally... just... relax)

Day 3 Theme: Something you held
                    
                        Found fresh passionfruit at the market! Swooooon.

Day 4 Theme: Black + white
                    
                        Evening shadows.

Day 5 Theme: Looking up
                    
                        My office.

Day 6 Theme: From where you live/ your country
                    
                        Wrigley- mere steps away from my place. And nothing says America like baseball. 

Day 7 Theme: Stars [plus]
Day 9 Theme: Out and about (aka what you're doing)
                     
                         Finally got my tree decorated!

Day 10 Theme: Under
                          I'm "foster parenting" 2 cats while a friend who left town finds a
                          permanent home for them. So while they're physically under me,
                          they're also metaphorically under my wing, for the moment. 
                          But don't be surprised if I end up keeping one of them...

So that recaps my first batch of December photos. (Day 8 challenge is yet to come, but I wanted to make sure that was a bit more special...) Maybe not so surprisingly, it covered almost all the big stuff that happened to me this month too. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Yours in channeling her inner artsy self,
Jacqueline

p.s. LOOK at this FACE!!!! Cuteness overload! And quite possibly one the sweetest cats I've ever encountered.

Comments

Popular Posts