A milestone: my 200th blog post!!

Today is a big day for my little 'ole blog, because today marks the day of my 200th blog post!

Two...hundred...blog...entries over almost 3 years. Yikes! I don't really even want to think about how many hours of cooking, photographing, writing, and editing that is. But I wouldn't take back a moment of it.

A lot of people ask me what inspired me to start a food blog. Back in 2009, this blog was my way to get my cooking mojo back. You see, I've spent the majority of my adult life as a single woman. But I really love cooking and sharing my food with other people. So in 2009, after a short (but very happy few months with someone) I was single again, and just couldn't get back into cooking-- which was the one thing that made me genuinely happy.

Over time, my blog wasn't just meant for healing anymore, it was a way for me to grow. To force myself to try new recipes, to get into photography (with a long way to go), to take on new challenges through an online baking group, to give me that creative outlet that being a scientist doesn't always provide, and to continue to share my food with others.

So in the spirit of sharing, today I'm going to recap some of my favorite recipes I've made over the years. And it's apt that today marks this milestone as I've found myself in a cooking funk since moving into my new place. But after going through all these old recipes I remember just how much I love to pull my hair up, blast the music, lose myself in the process of cooking, and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Of course these are only a small sampling of some of my favorite recipes. You can find all the recipes/blog entries I've made since February 2009 on my Recipe List page (found on the right toolbar), grouped by categories to make it easier to peruse all the goodies.

So let's start it off with my ultimate, all-time favorites.

Jackie's Favorite Foods: savory edition

Homemade gnocchi, mushroom risottoscalloped potatoes with mascarpone (I can't even explain how good this is), caramelized onion and cauliflower tart (so fat ass but sooooooo good), and dolma.

Jackie's Favorite Foods: sweet edition

Candied orange peel, the best lemon tart, lavender ice cream (and brown butter pound cake), and pastry cream filled cream puffs.


Flavors of Fall
Some of my favorite fall-inspired recipes, since it IS the season...

Slow-cooked French chicken in a pot, roasted tomato soup, the best chicken/turkey pot pie, pumpkin cupcakes with maple frosting, Moroccan inspired butternut squash stew with quinoa, homemade Thanksgiving stuffing

Simplicity at its Finest
Easy dishes that pack a PUNCH in flavor

Cranberry/raspberry yogurt cake, grapefruit and goat cheese bites with dill, Oreo truffles (to die for), Toffee cookies (with a secret ingredient), and a rustic fruit galette.

Ethnic Foods
Asian and South Asian inspired dishes

Tom Yum soup, chicken teriyakilettuce beef wraps, lentils with garam masala

Middle Eastern inspired dishes

Bushala (Assyrian yogurt soup), shakshuka (eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce)

Say What?!?
Might make you do a double take, but they're delicious

Spotted dick (steamed English cake), pickle-brined chicken, goat-cheese truffles, homemade butter

Cake Time
For someone who does cake decorating, it's ironic that I'm not a giant fan of cake. But these are some solid recipes that even I'll eat a second serving of.

Yellow cake throwdown (two great recipes), Guinness chocolate cake, Old-fashioned chocolate cake


Oh So Purty
Just a few of my many cakes. This joconde might be one of the coolest cakes I've ever made. But check them all out on my Flickr page.

So There you have it. A not-so-small sampling of my 199 blog posts. Hope you've enjoyed going down memory lane with me as much as I have.

Buen Provecho,
Jacqueline

Comments

Popular Posts